If you’ve chosen to build your photography career around wedding photography, then you must agree that weddings can be beautiful events to witness. You likely already have invested in cameras, lenses, technical training, and some practice. And yet, while enthusiasm, gear, and technical skill are prerequisites for a wedding photographer, they alone won’t help you grow a business.
What about marketing, sales, pricing, your website, social media, networking, client management, invoicing, contracts, and products? All of these things, combined with your beautiful photography, are what help you build a sustainable business. Being a great image-maker is where you’re starting. I can help you be a great businessperson, too.
This spring, as photographers prepare for the summer wedding season, I’m offering a brand new opportunity for three months of one-on-one mentoring at an exceedingly low rate of only $150. This opportunity is open to wedding photographers with less than 2 years experience photographing weddings who have solid technical skills and are looking to improve their photography while growing their businesses.
One-on-one sessions will help aspiring photographers:
– Define their ideal client and target market within the wedding industry
– Create marketing materials, including a website and social media pages, that will attract their ideal clients
– Review pricing, packages, and products so that photographers are profitable and competitively priced
– Gain feedback on basic composition, lighting, and posing techniques
– Create a positive client experience so that their business gains more referrals
– Make their workflow, editing, and production process more efficient and effective
– Manage the logistics of a busy wedding day, along with the clients’ needs and wants, family dynamics, and demanding shot lists
– Know common wedding pitfalls and how to avoid them
This opportunity will only be offered to 2 photographers. We will have one group call at the start of the program in early March, and then each photographer will receive two one-hour phone calls or meetings each month (March, April, May).
Interested photographers can email a cover letter explaining where they are in their business, what they hope to improve upon, what they love most about weddings, and where they see their business progressing in five years. Please also send a link to your current website and/or wedding portfolio. Send all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is January 31, 2019.
Since 2009, Leise Jones Photography has created thousands of authentic, natural-looking photographs of people and events. Award-winning photographer and owner Leise Jones delivers photographs that tell a story, commemorate important days and communicate a mission for small business, non-profit and wedding clients. She also teaches up-and-coming photographers with private mentorship programs and community education classes. Because of the company’s focus on helping people feel comfortable enough to be themselves in front of the camera, Leise Jones Photography has won consecutive Couples’ Choice Awards in 2015, 2016 and 2017 and consistently receives unanimous five-star reviews on Yelp and Wedding Wire.