As many of you know, I became a parent this year to a set of adorable, hilarious, exhausting, expensive, and lovable twins. As the year draws to a close, I have been reflecting on all of the things parenthood has taught me. Here are just a few things that I have learned:
1) You never know how patient you are until it’s 2:00AM and your baby is awake AGAIN.
2) Don’t judge other parents. They may have been spit up on this morning.
3) It’s A-OK to open a bottle of wine and throw away the cork every once in awhile.
4) Times when the kids want to be with you are fleeting, so snuggle then while you can.
5) Family portraits are worth it!
Okay, so that is really the point of this blog; to convince you non-believers out there that family portraits are a worthwhile adventure; when your kids are little AND when they’re grown up. I have always thought, and think more now that I am a parent, that documenting families and family life is a really important investment.
SO, in honor of parenting and parenthood and new beginnings and holidays, I am offering a 20% discount on family portraits to first time clients! This is a big savings (a session without digital files is $200) but it’s valid ONLY for new clients and ONLY for sessions in January and February. That means it’s for people who have never worked with me before and who want to have their family portrait session done in the wintertime. No paying now and redeeming for a portrait in the summer.
Other things you should know before you buy:
– I prefer to come to your home, but if you live more than 30 miles from Boston, you’ll have to come to Boston.
– I don’t work in a studio, so if you don’t like your home or don’t live close by, we’re going to be outside. You’ll need to dress accordingly.
– There is no limit to how many people are in the picture(s) – big families, small families and pets are all welcome.
– Sessions are subject to my availability. Saturdays are a limited commodity, so we may need to do your family portrait on a weekday afternoon. Be flexible!
– When I do family portrait sessions, I want them to be fun, relaxed, comfortable, and candid. (See examples here.) If you’re looking for something formal and staged, go to the mall.
– This discount is on the session only – digital files, prints, keepsake books, and more are available for additional fees.
– This is a one hour session. It includes online proofing with the ability to purchase prints and digital files.
Still think this might be a good deal for you? Well, then please be my guest and click on the Paypal link below to pay for your session! Once I hear from you through Paypal, I’ll be in touch and we’ll plan a customized shoot for your family in January or February.